The living room is a very important room in your house, mainly so because you spend most of your time here and your guests will be seated here for the major part of their visit. So, it becomes necessary to design your living room in a way that will make you feel truly at home. Here are a few tips to help you do that.
- Using light colored furniture and drapes can make the room seem larger than it is and also keep the room bright.
- Make sure there are enough windows in the room to let in light and wind.
- Keep a cozy corner in your living room for activities like drinking tea, preferably by the window.
- Put a large coffee table in the center of the room to place snacks or even play games.
- Place a few accessories like flower vase or a painting to add character to the room. Make sure it suits the color of the paint and the lighting in the room.
- Follow a certain pattern in the colors, sizes and designs of cushions, drapes and other covers in the room. Use the same kind of cloth and design for all cushions and drapes to maintain uniformity.
- Make sure all seats are facing each other with no objects obstructing the view across the hall. This will help easy communication when people are seated around the room.
- If you have a large piece of furniture, push it against the wall so that it doesn’t look too big or occupy too much space.
- Be sure to place the television at a spot which is visible from the entire room. Arrange other furniture accordingly so that nobody will have to strain to watch TV.
- Place a pot of plant by the window. This will add charm to the room and elevate the good looks.
These tips will help you design a living room that will cradle you like a mother and serve as the most hospitable host for your guests.