The dining room is a place where the entire family meets and chats either after their long day at work or before they leave for their everyday jobs. This room acts as a unifying force that brings together the entire family, for however short or long the period maybe. Here are a few tips to make your dining room as interesting as possible.
- The dining table is the primary piece of furniture in the dining room. This has to be carefully selected so as to provide ample chairs for all members of the family. It should also make it easy to pass dishes around the table.
- The color of paint in the room is very crucial because it can play a major role in developing an appetite. Greens, Yellows, Oranges and Reds tend to make people happy and cheerful, thereby increasing their appetite. These colors also help in creating a lively atmosphere for dinner table conversations.
- Having a built-in cabinet to store cutlery can save space and also give a sophisticated look to your dining room.
- Ensure maximum lighting with large windows and light colored curtains. A well-lit dining room is sure to bring a majestic look.
- Keep the dining room monochromatic to make it look larger than it is. Use the same or shades of the same color to maintain uniformity and add style.
- Make sure all cloth materials used in the dining area are spill-proof. This will help in easy maintenance and saves time during cleaning.
- A round table creates a more intimate feeling during conversation than ones with corners. It makes all members feel included and welcomed.
- You could provide a beautiful view by having a door that opens to your garden from the dining hall.
These tips will help you design a dining room that increases appetite for food and good conversations. Have a nice meal and chat!
The balcony is the best place to relax during a cool evening or a lazy morning. But how to make it special for any time of the day and year? Here are a few tips.
- Make sure the materials in your balcony are adaptable to all seasons of the year. Some materials can withstand heat but not rain or vice versa. Choose materials that can adapt to all kinds of weather conditions.
- Plan a special lighting arrangement for evenings. Fairy lights can adorn the circumference of the balcony or a single lamp can create a nice mood for relaxing.
- Plan your balcony very meticulously. Since it is a very small area, planning becomes very important. Make sure the furniture or plants don’t make the place too cluttered.
- Arrange the plants along the edge of the balcony. This will leave room for walking around.
- Do not place more than three pieces of furniture in the balcony. These could be a reclining chair, a coffee table, a swing, or a combination of any of these.
- Add wind chimes to your balcony. Their melody will create a calm and soothing effect.
- Place only one or two flowering plants so that you can enjoy their fragrance to the fullest.
- Use hanging or suspended pots to save space on the floor. Make sure the hook or provision on the ceiling is strong enough to balance the weight of the plant.
These tips will help you design a beautiful, cozy balcony for you to relax and get away from the busy, bustling work life.
The living room is a very important room in your house, mainly so because you spend most of your time here and your guests will be seated here for the major part of their visit. So, it becomes necessary to design your living room in a way that will make you feel truly at home. Here are a few tips to help you do that.
- Using light colored furniture and drapes can make the room seem larger than it is and also keep the room bright.
- Make sure there are enough windows in the room to let in light and wind.
- Keep a cozy corner in your living room for activities like drinking tea, preferably by the window.
- Put a large coffee table in the center of the room to place snacks or even play games.
- Place a few accessories like flower vase or a painting to add character to the room. Make sure it suits the color of the paint and the lighting in the room.
- Follow a certain pattern in the colors, sizes and designs of cushions, drapes and other covers in the room. Use the same kind of cloth and design for all cushions and drapes to maintain uniformity.
- Make sure all seats are facing each other with no objects obstructing the view across the hall. This will help easy communication when people are seated around the room.
- If you have a large piece of furniture, push it against the wall so that it doesn’t look too big or occupy too much space.
- Be sure to place the television at a spot which is visible from the entire room. Arrange other furniture accordingly so that nobody will have to strain to watch TV.
- Place a pot of plant by the window. This will add charm to the room and elevate the good looks.
These tips will help you design a living room that will cradle you like a mother and serve as the most hospitable host for your guests.