Colour plays a huge role in influencing our mood. Hence, choosing the right colour for the room becomes very important. At the same time, it can also be a humungous task to confront. We have here for you a set of guidelines which will make this seemingly huge task of choosing the right colour for your room an easy task.
- An important thing to consider while choosing paint colours is the mood of that particular room. For example, a bedroom will necessarily have a very relaxing and warm mood. So, the use of cool and neutral colours will enhance the feeling of intimacy. In the dining area, contrasting colours, blue-greens and neutrals will add to the cordial atmosphere. The kids’ room can be made to look energetic and active by using bright hues.
- Also consider the lighting in the particular room. The placement of the window, the number of windows in the room and other lighting factors have to be taken into account before deciding on the colour of the paint for that room. It would be useful to note that natural daylight shows the colours in their truest shade, incandescent lighting enhances the warm and yellow tones and fluorescent lights cast a sharp blue tone.
- Don’t hesitate to try out colors on a larger surface of wall. Try deep, vivid colours, or neutrals like chocolate brown or olive green as the main colours. Tinted ceiling adds a very dramatic effect to the room.
- Transform flat, dull walls into interesting and personal spaces with subtle or dramatic visual texture and broken color. Burnished mineral/metal finishes and layered colored glazes add depth.
- While considering colours, view each wall in comparison to adjacent walls and how they interact. Make sure the colours in the various rooms complement each other so as to complete the feel of home.
- Try and create bold or subtle variations within one color group with contrasting paint finishes. Use closely related colors, or try a single color in different finishes, for walls and trim in one space.
By following the above tips, you can easily decide upon the colour for each room. Your rooms will then understand you and converse with you like a friend.