The balcony is the best place to relax during a cool evening or a lazy morning. But how to make it special for any time of the day and year? Here are a few tips.
- Make sure the materials in your balcony are adaptable to all seasons of the year. Some materials can withstand heat but not rain or vice versa. Choose materials that can adapt to all kinds of weather conditions.
- Plan a special lighting arrangement for evenings. Fairy lights can adorn the circumference of the balcony or a single lamp can create a nice mood for relaxing.
- Plan your balcony very meticulously. Since it is a very small area, planning becomes very important. Make sure the furniture or plants don’t make the place too cluttered.
- Arrange the plants along the edge of the balcony. This will leave room for walking around.
- Do not place more than three pieces of furniture in the balcony. These could be a reclining chair, a coffee table, a swing, or a combination of any of these.
- Add wind chimes to your balcony. Their melody will create a calm and soothing effect.
- Place only one or two flowering plants so that you can enjoy their fragrance to the fullest.
- Use hanging or suspended pots to save space on the floor. Make sure the hook or provision on the ceiling is strong enough to balance the weight of the plant.
These tips will help you design a beautiful, cozy balcony for you to relax and get away from the busy, bustling work life.