A garden can really help you calm your mind. An evening stroll in your garden can refresh your mind and clear all fatigue. Hence, it is very important to keep your garden clean and healthy. Here are a few tips for a lush, green garden.
- Make sure you examine the plants carefully before buying them. Pick a healthy plant to avoid introducing diseases into your currently healthy garden. Check the tops of the plant and also inspect the root quality.
- Use fully composted yard waste as manure. Different materials decompose at different rates. So, before you use a manure, make sure all components are completely decomposed.
- Keep an eye out for bugs that can make way for bacteria and viruses.
- Clean your garden regularly, especially during fall season. Frequently remove dry leaves to avoid diseases breeding over them and attacking the fresh leaves that appear during spring.
- Prune damaged branches as and when you spot them. This will prevent the disease from spreading to and damaging the entire plant.
- Arrange and place plants according to their sunlight requirements. If you place a shade-loving plant in the sun, it will not grow to its full capacity and will be vulnerable to diseases.
- Water your plants regularly and only when needed. Do not water them too frequently or in abundance. Know the water requirements of the plant and water them accordingly.
- Make sure there is adequate space between two plants so that they do not affect each other’s growth and also leave enough water and soil minerals for one another.
Maintaining a garden is similar to taking care of a baby. You have to learn its requirements at the right time and supply appropriate minerals and nutrients. These tips will help you take good care of your garden, but it also depends on you to be sincere to your garden.
Keeping pests and insects away from your home is a very difficult task. Pesticides are harmful not only for pests, but sometimes for humans also. Prevention is always a better idea. Here are a few tips to help you keep pests, rodents and other insects away from your house.
- Make sure the house and its surroundings are always clean and dry. Do not let water stagnate in the neighborhood. Make sure there are no rubbish or dry leaves piled up in the area surrounding your house.
- Keep your garbage can closed and dispose garbage as frequently as possible. Do not throw organic waste along with other rubbish. Store them separately and dispose them off as and when they accumulate.
- Store ripe fruits and other eatables in the fridge, in tightly closed containers.
- Sweep your floor regularly and keep the kitchen and bathroom floor dry.
- If you have a pet, comb it frequently and wash its bedding regularly.
- Seal and cracks or crevices on the floor, ceiling, and walls as and when they occur. This will prevent entry of insects and pests through them.
- Avoid taking food to areas other than the kitchen and dining area. Minimizing spillage of food can help avid pests and insects.
Though there are many methods to eradicate pests, preventing their entry is a smarter way. Using these tips, you can easily prevent pests, insects and rodents from establishing their colony in your house.
Keeping your cupboard organized is one mammoth task. Here are few tips that will help you maintain your closet for longer than usual.
- Use proper hangers to arrange your clothes. Using cloth hangers can save space and also enable easy access to all clothes. Use slim hangers to store everyday clothes like office and lounge wear. This will help save space. Use sturdy wooden hangers to hand jackets, suits and other expensive clothing.
- Place shoe boxes vertically to create tinier shelves to organize your small clothing.
- Use S-hooks to hang bags instead of stacking them in your shelf. This will help you choose a bag at one glance and with no mess.
- Keep season clothing like sweaters and jackets in a box and store them away in a separate shelf.
- Hang a mirror close to the cupboard. This will help you quickly select dresses to match the occasion by having a quick peek at what suits and doesn’t suit your look for the day.
- Arrange your clothes by variety. Stack all full-sleeved clothes together and categorize your clothes likewise.
- Keep your shoe rack mounted on the wall. This will give you more space on the floor and also makes it easy to clean.
- Make sure you frequently dispose items that you don’t use. This will create a lot of space and make way for new items that you buy.
Maintaining a clean cupboard can save you a lot of time, especially when you are in a hurry to leave and can’t choose what to wear. These tips will help you organize your closet and help you get ready faster.
The dining room is a place where the entire family meets and chats either after their long day at work or before they leave for their everyday jobs. This room acts as a unifying force that brings together the entire family, for however short or long the period maybe. Here are a few tips to make your dining room as interesting as possible.
- The dining table is the primary piece of furniture in the dining room. This has to be carefully selected so as to provide ample chairs for all members of the family. It should also make it easy to pass dishes around the table.
- The color of paint in the room is very crucial because it can play a major role in developing an appetite. Greens, Yellows, Oranges and Reds tend to make people happy and cheerful, thereby increasing their appetite. These colors also help in creating a lively atmosphere for dinner table conversations.
- Having a built-in cabinet to store cutlery can save space and also give a sophisticated look to your dining room.
- Ensure maximum lighting with large windows and light colored curtains. A well-lit dining room is sure to bring a majestic look.
- Keep the dining room monochromatic to make it look larger than it is. Use the same or shades of the same color to maintain uniformity and add style.
- Make sure all cloth materials used in the dining area are spill-proof. This will help in easy maintenance and saves time during cleaning.
- A round table creates a more intimate feeling during conversation than ones with corners. It makes all members feel included and welcomed.
- You could provide a beautiful view by having a door that opens to your garden from the dining hall.
These tips will help you design a dining room that increases appetite for food and good conversations. Have a nice meal and chat!