The balcony is the best place to relax during a cool evening or a lazy morning. But how to make it special for any time of the day and year? Here are a few tips.
- Make sure the materials in your balcony are adaptable to all seasons of the year. Some materials can withstand heat but not rain or vice versa. Choose materials that can adapt to all kinds of weather conditions.
- Plan a special lighting arrangement for evenings. Fairy lights can adorn the circumference of the balcony or a single lamp can create a nice mood for relaxing.
- Plan your balcony very meticulously. Since it is a very small area, planning becomes very important. Make sure the furniture or plants don’t make the place too cluttered.
- Arrange the plants along the edge of the balcony. This will leave room for walking around.
- Do not place more than three pieces of furniture in the balcony. These could be a reclining chair, a coffee table, a swing, or a combination of any of these.
- Add wind chimes to your balcony. Their melody will create a calm and soothing effect.
- Place only one or two flowering plants so that you can enjoy their fragrance to the fullest.
- Use hanging or suspended pots to save space on the floor. Make sure the hook or provision on the ceiling is strong enough to balance the weight of the plant.
These tips will help you design a beautiful, cozy balcony for you to relax and get away from the busy, bustling work life.
The living room is a very important room in your house, mainly so because you spend most of your time here and your guests will be seated here for the major part of their visit. So, it becomes necessary to design your living room in a way that will make you feel truly at home. Here are a few tips to help you do that.
- Using light colored furniture and drapes can make the room seem larger than it is and also keep the room bright.
- Make sure there are enough windows in the room to let in light and wind.
- Keep a cozy corner in your living room for activities like drinking tea, preferably by the window.
- Put a large coffee table in the center of the room to place snacks or even play games.
- Place a few accessories like flower vase or a painting to add character to the room. Make sure it suits the color of the paint and the lighting in the room.
- Follow a certain pattern in the colors, sizes and designs of cushions, drapes and other covers in the room. Use the same kind of cloth and design for all cushions and drapes to maintain uniformity.
- Make sure all seats are facing each other with no objects obstructing the view across the hall. This will help easy communication when people are seated around the room.
- If you have a large piece of furniture, push it against the wall so that it doesn’t look too big or occupy too much space.
- Be sure to place the television at a spot which is visible from the entire room. Arrange other furniture accordingly so that nobody will have to strain to watch TV.
- Place a pot of plant by the window. This will add charm to the room and elevate the good looks.
These tips will help you design a living room that will cradle you like a mother and serve as the most hospitable host for your guests.
Kitchen is the place where most women spend a lot of time. They require at least some level of comfort in the place where they do the tiring work that is cooking. Here are a few ways to accessorize your kitchen and make it look and feel comfortable.
- Make sure there is enough ventilation in the kitchen. Adequate air supply will cause less sweating and suffocation.
- Keep all essential items within reach and store them all in cupboards. Store all extra supplies in a separate container.
- Make sure all electrical appliances like mixer, toaster, microwave, and fridge are not too close or too far from the stove. Arrange them inside the kitchen in such a way that they are not too close to the stove, yet easily accessible.
- Put knives, scissors and other sharp equipment in a separate stand or box and store in a high place.
- Put the small vessels inside the large ones before storing it in the cupboard. This will save space when arranging.
- Store all wash cloths away from the stove in a cloth ring. Refrain from wearing flowing dresses or stoles.
- Clean the refrigerator regularly and dispose items that have gone stale or are about to become stale. Use containers or cloth bags to store vegetables and fruits.
- Use clear storage containers to store varieties or grams and pulses. Stick a tiny piece of paper with what the box contains for easy identification.
These basic tips will help you organize your kitchen and make cooking a less stressful job for you. However, you can add or leave out points from this to suit your convenience.