Most people want a terrace garden, but don’t know how and where to start. We have a few steps that will help you to get started with your terrace garden.
The first and most important point to consider is getting the right space for your terrace garden. Make sure the house is built as per the books and in the right way. If this is done, you can grow pretty much any plant on your terrace. You could even cover the entire area in soil and experiment by growing a lawn. But, ensure that the terrace is water proof to avoid leakages.
Hybrid seeds are the best for terrace gardening. These seeds can be sourced from any nursery. The soil required to grow these is a mixture of regular soil, compost coir peat (or sand) and vermi compost in equal quantities. You can add compost every week so that the soil retains the nutrients. You can also prepare our own manure using kitchen waste.
Use plastic buckets and bags to keep the plants so that you don’t add too much weight on the terrace floor.
Once you’ve planted the seeds, it is important to water them twice a day, regularly. It is also important to consider the positioning of the plant. Most of the plants do not require lot of sunlight and might require some shade, while flowering plants can be kept in the open.
With these, you can setup your terrace garden. It is advisable to start small, with a single or a couple of plants and then expand the garden as you get used to the routine. Maintaining a garden keeps your house cool and is also a wonderful hobby to have!
You have decided that you want to invest in a property. But are you confused about choosing the right property for you? Before you make that huge investment, make sure you know a few things about your new neighborhood that are absolutely necessary to make your life happy.
- Make sure there is at least one good school in the neighborhood. Check for the ratings of the school because it adds value to your property over the years.
- Visit your new property at various times of the day to monitor the level of activity in the nearby area. This will help you to get a sense of the eerie and safe places in and around the region. You may also inspect the flow of traffic in the area at various times of the day to know the traffic pattern, which will greatly impact your life.
- Check the crime report in the area by talking to people already staying in the locality.
- Make sure that all daily amenities are easily available at a walk’s distance.
- Get information on the community activities organized by members of the association, if one exists.
- Check on the upcoming developments in the locality by reading the regional newspapers or by looking on the internet.
- Enquire about the availability of water, power and other essentials throughout the year.
- Consider the resale value of the property. It is a wise decision to make an investment in a developing or developed area so as to ensure maximum resale value.
Be sure to check these points before you make what is probably the most important investment for your life. It is advisable to be proactive and do your own set of research apart from the above mentioned points.
Home loans, which are supposed to help you, sometimes turn into a tedious job. These points will keep you prepared to face the process with confidence, thereby making it easy and stress-free.
- Start saving for a down payment. Establishing a monthly budget will help you put away enough money for your down payment.
- Check your credit score. Having a good credit score puts you in a position to attract the best deal on your home loan. So it’s a good idea to obtain a copy of your credit report before starting the home buying process.
- Get your financial documents in order. When you apply for a mortgage, you will need to provide your lender with a number of financial documents. Having these documents already assembled will help accelerate the processing of your loan application.
- Utilize a mortgage calculator. Mortgage calculators are great tools for helping you understand how much you can afford. They are very easy to use and can show you how much your monthly mortgage payment would be under different home price, down payment and interest rate scenarios.
- Learn how to compare offers. It’s important to understand all of the components that go into determining the price of your mortgage, so you can accurately compare the offers being made.
- Start tracking interest rates. Interest rates for mortgages change almost every day and it is helpful to know which way they are heading.
- Get pre-qualified. Many real estate agents want you to be pre-qualified for a loan before they will start to work with you. Once you are pre-qualified, you will have a better sense of how much you can borrow and the price range of the homes you can afford.
- Understand the various loan options. Every home buyer has their own unique financial situation and it’s important to understand which type of loan best suits your needs.
- Be prompt in responding to your lender. It is important to respond promptly to any requests for additional information from your lender and to return your paperwork as quickly as possible. Waiting too long to respond could cause a delay in closing your loan, which could create a problem with the home you want to buy.
- Don’t mess up your credit during the loan processing. Be careful not to do anything that would bring down your credit score while your loan is being processed. So, pay all of your bills on time, don’t apply for any new credit cards, and don’t take out any new car loans until your home loan has closed.
These points will help you get an idea about home loans and what you must or must not do. If you take all the necessary steps, obtaining a home loan will be a smooth process.
Thinking of ways to decorate your kid’s room? Here are few ideas to decorate the room as well as keep your kid active and entertained.
- Chalkboard paint makes a fun, interactive backdrop for any bedroom.
- Create a warm place for your shared reading time: a bookcase stocked with favorites, good lighting, and cuddle-worthy seating.
- String a wire from wall to wall for a smart, inexpensive way to showcase your child’s beautiful drawings.
- Use a whiteboard sunmica on cupboard doors so that they can draw and write to their heart’s content without you being worried.
- Stick adhesive glow-in-the-dark stars and moon on the ceiling wall. This will be an interesting visual to watch as your kids fall asleep.
- Paste or stick posters of their favourite cartoon characters. This will get them excited and keep them on their toes.
- Try and use a common colour for everything in the room. The most basic colour theme is blue for boys and pink for girls.
Use the above tips to pep-up your kid’s room and watch as their excitement levels rise.